Is this just another MLM travel opportunity scam or actually a legit company being run by James Ward?
Lets take a closer look and find out!
The Pangea website recognizes James Ward (CEO) and Sam Fuentes (COO) as co-founders of the company.
James Ward initially appeared on my radar in 2010, as the CEO of LGN Prosperity.
LGN Prosperity marketed travel vouchers, with every voucher producing a spot in a matrix 2×2 cycler.
After months of members not getting paid, in mid-2011 LGN Prosperity transformed into LGN International.
This name change carried on the addition of commissions paid on travel services booked through LGN.
LGN International ultimately collapsed in mid to late 2013, with Ward heading up iBizWave as CEO and co-founder in early 2014.
What Happened in 2015
In 2015 Ward launched 2SL Start Living, which was his return to the travel MLM niche.
Sam Fuentes (full name “Sam Fuentes Pérez”) was 2SL Start Living’s Vice President of Global Sales.
2SL Start Living has members pay $30.00 per month and then get paid on the sale of discount travel packages.
In my review of this company, I research the question of retail feasibility, without which 2SL Start Living would operate as a pyramid scheme.
This concern seems to have been justified. Current Alexa traffic estimates for the 2SL Start Living website domain suggest the company has correctly collapsed.
This has most likely endorsed Ward and Fuentes to launch Pangea.
Read on for my complete review.
Pangea Product Line
Pangea has absolutely no retailable products or services, with members only capable of marketing Pangea member membership itself.
Together with Pangea member membership is a 7 night, 8 day accommodation stay plus admittance to a travel booking discount portal.
Pangea Compensation Plan
The Pangea compensation plan has members pay $299.00 and then $30.00 per month.
Commissions are paid when Pangea members recruit new members who pay the same.
There are 11 member ranks within the Pangea compensation plan.
Together with their respective requirement criteria, they are as follows:
- Associate – recruit and maintain 2 members
- 1 Star – recruit and maintain at least 2 members and have a total downline of at least 10 members
- 2 Star – recruit and maintain at least 3 members and have a total downline of at least 60 members
- 3 Star – recruit and maintain at least 4 members and have a total downline of at least 120 members
- 4 Star – recruit and maintain at least 5 members and have a total downline of at least 200 members
- Regional Star – recruit and maintain at least 6 members and have a total downline of at least 400 members
- National Star – recruit and maintain at least 7 members and have a total downline of at least 1000 members
- Global Star – recruit and maintain at least 8 members and have a total downline of at least 2000 members
- Universal Star – recruit and maintain at least 9 members and have a total downline of at least 4000 members
- Super Star – recruit and maintain at least two 10 and have a total downline of at least 6000 members
- Infinity Star – recruit and maintain at least 12 members and have a total downline of at least 8000 members
Direct Recruitment Commissions
Pangea members are paid a direct commission based on how many members they personally recruit, in addition to the total size of their downline:
- qualify at the 3 Star rank = $120
- qualify at the 4 Star rank = $250
- qualify at the Regional Star rank = $500
- qualify at the National Star rank = $1000
- qualify at the Global Star rank = $5000
- qualify at the Universal Star rank = $10,000
- qualify at the Super Star rank = $25,000
- qualify at the Infinity Star rank = $50,000
Take note: Direct recruitment commissions are capped at $10,000.00 a month (until the complete owed amount is paid).
Residual Recruitment Commissions (matrix)
A 2×2 matrix puts a Pangea member at the top of a matrix, with 2 spots directly underneath them.
These 2 spots form the initial level of the matrix. The 2nd level of the matrix is created by dividing each of the 2 spots into another 2 spots each (4 spots).
A whole 2×2 matrix holds a total of 6 spots. Spots in the matrix are filled through direct and indirect recruitment of new Pangea members.
Once all 6 positions in a matrix are full, a “cycle” is activated. Each time a cycle is activated, a member is paid $777.00 and their matrix spot cycles into a new 2×2 matrix.
From here the position-filling process repeats itself, again paying $777.00 when all 6 matrix spots are filled.
Residual Recruitment Commissions (uni-level)
A uni-level compensation arrangement puts a Pangea member at the top of a uni-level team, with each personally recruited member put directly underneath them (level 1).
If any level 1 members recruit new members, they are put on level 2 of the original member’s uni-level team.
If any level 2 members recruit new members, they are put on level 3 and so on and so forth down a hypothetical countless number of levels.
Pangea caps payable uni-level levels at 11.
Commissions are paid as a percentage of the $30.00 monthly member fee paid by members in a uni-level team.
How many uni-level levels a Pangea member can earn is determined by their rank:
- Associate – 5% on level 1 (personally recruited members) and 1% on levels 2 to 8
- 1 Star – 5% on levels 1 and 2 and 1% on levels 3 to 8
- 2 Star – 5% on levels 1 to 3 and 1% on levels 4 to 8
- 3 Star – 5% on levels 1 to 4 and 1% on levels 5 to 8
- 4 Star – 5% on levels 1 to 5 and 1% on levels 6 to 8
- Regional Star – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 1% on levels 7 and 8
- National Star – 5% on levels 1 to 7 and 1% on levels 8 to 11
- Global Star – 5% on levels 1 to 8 and 1% on levels 9 to 11
- Universal Star – 5% on levels 1 to 9 and 1% on levels 10 and 11
- Super Star – 5% on levels 1 to 9 and 1% on level 11
- Infinity Star – 5% on levels 1 to 11
For 4 Star and higher ranked members, a 10% matching bonus is also paid on uni-level commissions paid to personally recruited members.
4 Star and higher ranked Pangea members receive a monthly car bonus of between $300.00 and $1,500.00.
- 4 Star – $300 a month
- Regional and National Star – $600 a month
- Global and Universal Star – $800 a month
- Super Star – $1000 a month
- Infinity Star – $1500 a month
A 75% monthly cash bonus option is also available.
Pangea member membership is $299.00 and then $30.00 a month.
With 2SL Start Living having collapsed, Pangea is pretty much a reboot of the same idea.
You sign up, pay a package fee and then so long as you continue to pay $30.00 per month, you’re qualified to earn commissions.
Pangea seems to be a member-only membership.
Pangea itself is more in line with LGN Prosperity than 2SL Start Living, with both using a chiefly recruitment driven 2×2 matrix cycler model.
The travel aspect of Pangea is totally detached from the income opportunity, which focuses on member recruitment.
Pangea – My Conclusion
The more members you recruit, the more you get paid. Want to earn more still? Persuade those you’ve recruited to recruit more… and so on and so forth.
As with all chain-recruitment schemes, once recruitment of new members dies out, those at the bottom of the Pangea member-base will stop paying their $30.00 per month fee.
This means members above them will stop getting paid, soon after which they’ll stop paying their monthly fee too.
Sooner or later this trickles far enough up the Pangea member-base and an irreparable collapse is caused.
At that point in time, members who haven’t earned more than they’ve paid in Pangea member membership fees lose out.
2SL Start Living had a pretty short shelf life. Pangea is more of the same from Ward so don’t expect anything different this time around.